Bienvenue!

Welcome to my blog about my journey through this book and it's challenges. It's a simple exercise, but it's good for me. I hope you enjoy the blips and slips and funny moments. You may even learn a thing or two too!



Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Week 43--Grow Green

Grow Green:  "Where in your life can you plant something?  Bond with your neighbors at a nearby community garden, or join in on a city beautification day that would allow you to get dirt under your nails.  Of course, if you have your own garden, plant the most beautiful flowers and plants that you can manage to take care of (sunflowers are really easy)--a garden is a gift both to yourself and the insects, birds, and neighbors around you.  If you feel really ambitious, try planting some edibles, such as lettuce, tomatoes, or strawberries."

Hmmm...my home gardens are in need of some fall-time cleanup and preparation for winter.  I should do that this week before the freeze sets in.  I've noticed I haven't been as adamant about gardening since I had elbow surgery...I think it's the loss of grip strength.  I'm now thinking about what I can plant and do that allows me to "do" less throughout the year.  I've always been a perennial gardener...but that requires some hefty and all-out maintenance at peak times of the year.  However, I don't want to buy repeated annuals and re-plant.  I'll have to ponder my direction and get back with you on this one...

No comments:

Post a Comment