Bienvenue!

Welcome to my blog about my journey through this book and it's challenges. It's a simple exercise, but it's good for me. I hope you enjoy the blips and slips and funny moments. You may even learn a thing or two too!



Sunday, October 16, 2011

Weeks 41 & 42

Week 41:  "Flowers for All:  Buy a big bouquet of flowers and give a flower to each person who looks like they could use it throughout the day.  Even if this is a bit flower-childish for your non-nonsense image, try it anyway.  This inexplicable departure from your regular image can only endear you to those around you.  You'll probably make a few people smile, even if they are suspicious."

I didn't purchase flowers last week, but I did take chocolate-covered peanut butter filled pretzel bites to work.  I passed these out on Friday morning; who can resist chocolaty goodness (that is, of course, unless you are allergic to peanuts)?  I believe I assisted Trader Joe's by creating repeat customers.

Week 42:  " All About Paper:  Most landfill is paper.  Notice how much paper you consume in a day.  There the morning newspaper, the Kleenex in the car, the 20 extra copies of the memo you accidentally made, the good mail and the junk mail, the four extra napkins that came with your sandwich, the paper bad the groceries came in, and the paper towel you mopped up the spilled coffee with.  How many of these paper products were necessary, and how many of them could you have recycled?  How can you cut down on the paper products you use?"

I use more paper than necessary probably because I like to write on real paper, not "computer screen" paper, and I like to drink multiple coffees, hence more paper cones used in the drip machine.  I hoard fast-food napkins in case I have a spill in my car, and I print the chapters of books that are now electronic because I like to make notes on them.  But, I do recycle...I even walk to the other side of the building to put papers in the shredding bin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment