Bienvenue!

Welcome to my blog about my journey through this book and it's challenges. It's a simple exercise, but it's good for me. I hope you enjoy the blips and slips and funny moments. You may even learn a thing or two too!



Monday, December 12, 2011

Week 50--Know thy Neighbors

Know thy Neighbors:  "Do you know the people who live near you?  Isn't it strange that you can live someplace for a while an not have met your neighbors?  The need to borrow a cup of sugar has somehow decreased over the years, so next time you see someone who lives near you, make a point of saying hi and introducing yourself.  Not only does this help create a community, but it sets a precedent, and you never know what circumstances might cause you to need each other."

This is a good week for this card because we have a new neighbor in the 'hood."  I walk by her house nearly every day to take the dogs for a walk and every time I think to myself, "I need to get her a welcome basket of cookies, wine, cheese or something."  So, that's on my to-do list this week. 

We have two immediate neighbors (immediate meaning on the same side of the street) and two across the street.  I find it amazing that when I finally do greet neighbors not our our street but in the neighborhood, they almost always have something to say about how my hair is different or what is going on with the dogs.  Which means that though they never have said "hello" or talked to me, they have been watching me from inside their home...which brings me to my favorite "nieghbors" movie:  The Burbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment