Bienvenue!

Welcome to my blog about my journey through this book and it's challenges. It's a simple exercise, but it's good for me. I hope you enjoy the blips and slips and funny moments. You may even learn a thing or two too!



Thursday, December 29, 2011

Week 52--Be Optimistic--Thursday (Wee Early) Morning

Optimism is like bicarbonate-loading before a sprint...excuse me?  Bicarbonates (think Tums) diffuse and buffer against the buildup of lactic acid (bi product of anaerobic metabolism). I see optimism as a buffer against the bullsh** of life.   I read an article this year which basically said that the defining characteristic of optimists is that they aren't always positive, but that they don't  stay negative for too long.  Essentially--keep moving, keep doing, keep trying and don't roll in the muck and mire of your own pessimism for too long. 

"Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles; it empties today of its strength."
-Mary Englebrecht
 
I grew up watching "old movies."  Here's a good one on optimism from South Pacific:  I'm just a "cockeyed optimist."  
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment