Bienvenue!

Welcome to my blog about my journey through this book and it's challenges. It's a simple exercise, but it's good for me. I hope you enjoy the blips and slips and funny moments. You may even learn a thing or two too!



Sunday, November 27, 2011

Week 48--Show Your Appreciation

Show Your Appreciation:  " Show appreciation to someone who has helped you personally or professionally.  From a verbal acknowledgement to sending a card or even flowers, the ability to acknowledge someone else's generosity or kindness is a real gift and will, hopefully, encourage others to continue to be generous in spirit as well."

In this season, and specifically this past weekend, I was able to show my appreciation of my husband.  I told him today that I am thankful for his patience, consistency, and perspective.  Just today he told me (because he could tell I was feeling down) that if he could, he would take away from me the negative feelings that were on my mind so that I did not have to feel afflicted.  He said he could tell there was a tug-of-war within me and he wished he could make it stop...but knew that he could only be there to support me.  I teared up and hugged him even tighter; for this genuine expression of love, I am thankful and appreciative. 

No comments:

Post a Comment