Bienvenue!

Welcome to my blog about my journey through this book and it's challenges. It's a simple exercise, but it's good for me. I hope you enjoy the blips and slips and funny moments. You may even learn a thing or two too!



Monday, April 11, 2011

Week 15--"Low Media"--Monday Morning

Whoa!  What a weekend!  I am a day last posting this week's challenge as I was the Maid (Matron) of Honor for my sister's wedding yesterday (see a quick pic below--me with a good friend)--how quickly a weekend can fly by!  It started with a trip to the doctor for me; that nasty, nagging cold erupted into a full blown illness.  However, with some medication and rest, I was prepared for the wedding day.  I can't remember being that sick in a long time...talk about the days flying by...

This week's card :  Low Media.  "Take a break from your television for a week.  Enjoy the quiet.  Pick up a book you've always wanted to read instead of spacing out in front of the tube.  How much media do you consume in a day?  Try a day without all of it.  You may be surprised at how well you survive, and just how nice a little media downtime can be."

At first blush, it may be difficult in this age of social media to go a day without any media.  However, I do have plenty of books I would like to read.  While ill, I re-read a novel; apparently, I need to read something new.  I found a novel I scooped up five years ago I've still not read:  One Thousand White Women, the Journals of May Dodd.  It was a recommendation from a former colleague; I do enjoy history, so let's see how this fiction based on an historic event pans out.

Obviously, I have to be a computer to work this week, but I will make every effort to be brief on my home laptop and perhaps even avoid all media next Saturday--hey, I have a concert to attend next Saturday!  Live music is always welcome.

Have a great week!

Image 1:  Olivia and Clarisa

No comments:

Post a Comment