Bienvenue!

Welcome to my blog about my journey through this book and it's challenges. It's a simple exercise, but it's good for me. I hope you enjoy the blips and slips and funny moments. You may even learn a thing or two too!



Monday, June 27, 2011

Week 26--Share Humor--Monday Morning

     "We're going to play a final ballad for everyone, you've been a great crowd, thank you...here it is, Body & Soul."  So concludes the musician for the evening's Jazz in the Park concert.
     As the music begins to filter through the air, heavy with saxophone, the crowd is lulled into peaceful reminisces of teenage crushes and bygone loves.  It's a beautiful evening, finally warm and sunny after a nondescript, cloudy day.  The wind is light and warm, and the crowd full--full of leisure with full picnic baskets and their fare, children at play in the grassy knolls and adults sipping leisurely on glasses of Pinot Grigio. 
     "This song reminds me of a slow dance in a 1940's nightclub" she says, reminded of movies such as Casablanca.  "I should be wearing pumps and a dancing dress, while patrons smoke fancy cigars and drink gin and tonics.  Should we stand up and dance in the aisle?" she says with a tinge of playful bantering in her voice.
     Seated close to her, she gently leans her head on the strong shoulder of her husband.  Without missing a beat, he says, "This song reminds me of the Weather Channel; it's Doppler music.  You know, the music they play in the background when the Doppler Radar is on the screen."

Talk about killing the mood! So funny, so true, and so my husband. Such was one of the several humorous conversations my husband and I had last evening at the jazz concert venue below:

No comments:

Post a Comment