Bienvenue!

Welcome to my blog about my journey through this book and it's challenges. It's a simple exercise, but it's good for me. I hope you enjoy the blips and slips and funny moments. You may even learn a thing or two too!



Monday, June 6, 2011

Week 23--"Your Elders"--Monday Evening

Your Elders:  "Spend some time with an older person.  Is there someone you know whose life experiences would make an interesting oral history project?  Do you know someone who is no longer as able-bodied as you, who would appreciate your company to help run an errand or do a life-improving task?  Enrich your life by sharing it with people from a range of generations."

Yesterday was my first LifeGroup; what is a LifeGroup?  LifeGroups are local small groups of fellow church attendees who happen to live in the same vicinity.  It's a way to continue the week's message in a less formal environment--one to encourage sharing, time of prayer and discussion.  I very much enjoyed my first visit, albeit I am the youngest of the group. 

What I like about our group so far is that there are four couples, ranging in ages from 30 to 60+.  Last night's discussion was lively and pertinent to our experiences right now.  I noticed that as the evening wore on, stories were told, and emotions shared, that the eldest couple in our group was so calm, so nonchalant, so patient. When they contributed to the conversation, they were met with anticipatory ears.  Their words rang true and were spoken with the quiet strength that can only come from living life.  Their example made an impression upon me and I only hope that I can learn to better listen and patiently take in life as I saw them do last evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment