Bienvenue!

Welcome to my blog about my journey through this book and it's challenges. It's a simple exercise, but it's good for me. I hope you enjoy the blips and slips and funny moments. You may even learn a thing or two too!



Friday, August 12, 2011

Week 32--Spend Less--Friday Afternoon

I was worried (not seriously, of course) that I was going to have to break my streak of spending less money this week because I had a scheduled lunch with a friend I had completely forgotten about.  It was a new place and likely to be way more than I typically spend on lunch in a normal week.  However, in calling to confirm our lunch, we mutually decided we had lots of work left to do and errands to run, and so we re-scheduled our lunch.  Whew!  I almost shot the whole week with one measly salad and drink!

This week's tally of unnecessary expenditures amounts to about $1.08--and that was for a cinnamon biscuit I purchased in the drive through because I felt the need to buy something in addition to using my "free coffee" coupon.  Yes, I realize in buying said biscuit I defeated the purpose of the coupon, but the biscuit sounded yummy and I didn't eat a full breakfast.  See how I justified that? ;)

You know, one thing I've learned about this week's challenge is that if I don't go browse the store or buy something unnecessary (which can happen after a stressful day sitting at a desk), it leaves a lot of time to clean out and organize what I already own.  I see how this works:  spend less on items you don't need, realize what items you already have, and know that you have to spend less in the future.  Here are some tips to spend less money by DumbLittleMan (love the name)
Ten-simple-ways-to-spend-less-money

I've been in a super re-organize mode the last couple of weeks which has turned out to be a good thing.  I'm one of those people who feel much more settled when I accomplish the 'nagging' chores that aren't absolutely necessary but make me feel a sense of satisfaction when completed.  And here is said list of these items:  take magazines and cans to recycling center, use the $10 for 10 items dry cleaning coupon I have (next week, of course), re-fold and organize the linen closet, finish my Goodwill gathering and file behemoth stack of papers sitting on the office desk. 

No comments:

Post a Comment