Bienvenue!

Welcome to my blog about my journey through this book and it's challenges. It's a simple exercise, but it's good for me. I hope you enjoy the blips and slips and funny moments. You may even learn a thing or two too!



Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Week 34--"Massage Me, Massage You"--Tuesday Morning

So I did get a massage yesterday for my birthday.  It wasn't as relaxing as I imagined, probably because my body was so tight the therapist cautioned that she didn't want to overdue working out the gristly knots and cause me pain.  It was, at times, relaxing, but also painful--but the good pain--the pain you have to endure to get to the long-lasting relief.  It probably would have helped if it hadn't been a year since my last massage.  Once over I decided to join the monthly program to receive one massage a month at a discounted rate.  Time to take care of my body.  I will say I was impressed with the cleanliness and peaceful air of the massage therapy spa.  It's also very close, very close indeed--in case I need an emergency massage!

It's never a good sign (as a woman) when your husband compares your latest fashion purchase  to a "dream catcher."  Luckily I didn't purchase a skirt or a crocheted top; I wanted to try out a cute headband (one that I thought was tasteful, but apparently not) with a 1920's vibe.  It was a slim satin-covered headband with a few chestnut-colored feathers positioned just so it cupped your head when you wore it.  The look I was shooting for was one of ambiguity.  It wasn't supposed to look like a dream catcher on my head. 

With my short hair and lots of layers on top, I was able to make it look as though, instead of sitting on my head, the decorations were "intertwined" with my hair.  However, the dream catcher analogy combined with the beginnings of a headache convinced me to return said hair accessory and abandon the idea.  It really was a classy accessory...just not something one would wear daily.  Bummer.  What really sealed the deal, however, is when I turned around, (a look of seeking approval in my eyes) wearing my coquettish headband and Ronnie smiles then begins to sing the theme song from Disney's Pocahontas, "I look once more, just around the river bend..."  'Nuff said. 




No comments:

Post a Comment