Bienvenue!

Welcome to my blog about my journey through this book and it's challenges. It's a simple exercise, but it's good for me. I hope you enjoy the blips and slips and funny moments. You may even learn a thing or two too!



Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Week 32--Spend Less--Wednesday Morning

Three days into the week and I haven't been to a retail, grocery or pharmacy, or even a "store."  Not even online...despite receiving two excellent coupons.  One for for an extra 40% off sale prices and the other for 25% off and free shipping on any item. Of course, this week's goal is to spend less, especially on items unnecessary.  Any clothing at this point in the history of my wardrobe is not necessary.  However, there are some really cute items out for fall--I can't promise I won't use that 25% deal next week though ;)

I have brown-bagged my lunch the last couple days and, as expected, feel better about my eating.  Brown bagging lunch not only saves on the food bill, but require you to plan and "think" about what you're going to eat.  It's a good exercise all round.

Finally, there is a new obstacle in my path to spending more than I should...literally.  Road crews just started work on the main road outside the house that leads to two important intersections to get anywhere.  I am not upset, however, because we have desperately needed re-paving of the road.  So, it's one more reason not to be tempted to visit the store and use that coupon ;)

1 comment:

  1. Thank goodness the coupon didn't expire, it would be ironic if you discarded opportunity to save money...

    ReplyDelete