Bienvenue!

Welcome to my blog about my journey through this book and it's challenges. It's a simple exercise, but it's good for me. I hope you enjoy the blips and slips and funny moments. You may even learn a thing or two too!



Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Week 35--"In Person"--Tuesday Morning

This week's card reads, "In Person:  Surprise a client, a friend, an associated, or your partner by using the old-fashioned method of communication:  Show up in person and hand-deliver a message.  Yes, of course your time is extremely valuable, but every once in a while show your face; give your e-mail, voice mail, fax machine, cellular phone, and your express mail carrier a rest."

I already have a plan to surprise some former colleagues tomorrow for lunch, or at least a brief "Hello" if they are not free for some grub.  When was the last time you wrote a letter by hand?  Or, better yet, when was the last time you stopped by a friend's house to make a call and took some cookies or wine?  I have a new neighbor, a Southern transplant, and she has been so kind as to call me in the last month a couple times and ask if I'd like to come over and chat.  I'm not used to that, but it's a nice feeling.  She called just last evening to let me know I could bring over the dogs to run in their yard this week if it fits the schedule. Looks as though I will be making a house call today or tomorrow.  Simple acts of kindness can often make such a difference...isn't that what this year is about?

No comments:

Post a Comment