Bienvenue!

Welcome to my blog about my journey through this book and it's challenges. It's a simple exercise, but it's good for me. I hope you enjoy the blips and slips and funny moments. You may even learn a thing or two too!



Sunday, August 7, 2011

Week 32--"Spend Less"--Sunday Morning

Shop Less:  "Keep track of (or just notice) all the things you consume in a day.  Did you really need all of them?  What needs were you trying to fill through your purchases that perhaps could be met in another way?  If you must shop, perhaps you could buy blankets or food to donate to a homeless shelter.  Periodically, sort through your stuff and lighten your load by donating all those things you no longer need to a good cause."

It's probably a good things that this week's challenge to make a difference came after last week's "Buy Used."  Because I bought last week.  So, I will be reigning in the shopping this week.  Right off the bat I can think of a few things I don't need to buy--morning coffees at the 'Bucks, lunch ( I can brown bag it instead) and any vending machine cravings mid-afternoon.

And today, I plan to start my Goodwill hunting and gathering within my home.  Last week was spent cleaning carpets, changing up furniture and re-arranging wall hangings.  Looks like my desire to clean out will continue this week.

For what can you shop less?

No comments:

Post a Comment