Bienvenue!

Welcome to my blog about my journey through this book and it's challenges. It's a simple exercise, but it's good for me. I hope you enjoy the blips and slips and funny moments. You may even learn a thing or two too!



Sunday, February 6, 2011

Week 6--Sunday, February 6th, "Recharge Your Batteries"

Superbowl Sunday--love it!  I'm ready for the commercials, actually.  I'm looking forward to those more than the game since the Colts aren't playing.  I will start my annual Superbowl chunky chili soon...and my hubby made yummy dessert!

Week 6--Wow...how time flies!  Recharge your Batteries; this week's card shows two batteries lying in the sun on a beach, smiling and happy.  The card reads:  "When possible, plug your electronics in, instead of chewing through hundreds of AA batteries.  If you must wear your walkman (shows how old this book is) when you run, invest in nickel cadmium rechargeable  batteries and a recharger.  These are readily available at your local electronics store and are pretty cheap, too.  Never throw dead batteries in the trash.  Special recycling centers will take them, or you can send them back to the manufacturer.  As for your own batteries, taking short naps is still the best was to recharge."

I'm not really a battery user, though I should recycle them.  What I plan to focus on this week is recharging my own batteries by doing things I love.  Ideally, I would prefer to recharge my batteries on this Irish beach at sunrise, drinking cool spring water and reading my favorite novel.  Imagine a cool summer morning breeze gently ruffling the leaves of a wispy tree while breathing in the moist, salty air of the Irish sea...now that's my idea of recharging my batteries. 

Now if I can just get to Ireland by the summer...:)



No comments:

Post a Comment