Bienvenue!

Welcome to my blog about my journey through this book and it's challenges. It's a simple exercise, but it's good for me. I hope you enjoy the blips and slips and funny moments. You may even learn a thing or two too!



Friday, February 18, 2011

Week 7--Friday Night

Beautiful day again here in central Indiana; I loved it!  Sun--I crave sun--not the boiling, broiling, crustacean-inducing-color giver of summer, but the gentle, warm, energizing sun of late Spring.  I swear I'm a solar panel...one day in the sun for me will go a long way for peace and tranquility (that may be going too far).  Let's just say that a full day's sun--heck--even twenty minutes of sun exposure will energize and enhance my mood.  If you catch me outside, you're much more likely to catch me smiling and carefree.

I heard a babbling brook yesterday while finishing my exercise bout; it wasn't quite as "babbling" today since the snow has all but vanished.  However, the sound of running water over stones was music to my ears.  Why is that sound so comforting to many people?  I have one of those Zen-inspired indoor water features; the water trickles from the top to the base and in between runs over two or three ceramic outcroppings creating the softest sound.  I like it. 

Reflective moment:  I hypothesize that when humans partake in the splendor, beauty, and sheer unpredictability of "Nature" they tend to think outside themselves, believe in something more than themselves and put it all into perspective.  Perspective keeps us grounded; being a "grounded" person can positively affect others' lives and perhaps even make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment