Bienvenue!

Welcome to my blog about my journey through this book and it's challenges. It's a simple exercise, but it's good for me. I hope you enjoy the blips and slips and funny moments. You may even learn a thing or two too!



Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Week 5--Wednesday afternoon 2/2/11

Last night I said "I'm sorry" for a different reason than to apologize for my own errors; last night I said "I'm sorry" as a way to acknowledge and comfort someone who had been made aware of some life-changing news.  Saying, "I'm sorry for your loss" seemed appropriate.  I did not contribute to their sadness; I was not responsible for their emotions because of this news. Yet my "I'm so sorry" communicated to that person shared understanding--for I have lived the same loss--the same emotion--and the same sadness.

"Learn to say, 'I'm sorry.' Learn to mean it.  Learn when to say and use it."

I believe apologizing when you are in the wrong is never inappropriate or ill-advised. I also believe that sometimes a sincere, heartfelt, "I'm sorry" as a condolence can communicate so much more than long-winded advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment