Bienvenue!

Welcome to my blog about my journey through this book and it's challenges. It's a simple exercise, but it's good for me. I hope you enjoy the blips and slips and funny moments. You may even learn a thing or two too!



Sunday, February 27, 2011

Week 9--Sunday Night--"Buy Recycled"




Mother Earth, treehugger, "going green"...all words to explain what I am not consistently--conscientious about the planet.  However, I have been attempting to recycle when I see an opportunity.  In fact, I took a load of aluminum cans and a box of fashion magazines to the recycling center today--before this week's card was drawn. Go me.

Buy recycled; "So sometimes it's a little browner and sometimes it's a little grayer or sometimes it's a little rougher and often times it costs a little bit more, but buy recycled whenever possible anyway."

This week it looks as though I am to "make a difference" for Earth. I recycle; I use plastic bags from weekly shopping trips to super-mega marts as trash bags around the house.  I also put into use the re-usable grocery bags--now what I need to be better at doing is using those recyclable green fabric bags so I don't end up with a mountain of generic plastic bags.  Duh me.

One thing I don't do is buy loads of bottled water; I re-use plastic bottles--which, as I found out, is not a bad thing if you clean the bottles after every use.  Found this recycling symbol.  I like it; it's a cross between modern and art deco with a bit of African textile look to it.  Go Earth!

No comments:

Post a Comment