Bienvenue!

Welcome to my blog about my journey through this book and it's challenges. It's a simple exercise, but it's good for me. I hope you enjoy the blips and slips and funny moments. You may even learn a thing or two too!



Sunday, March 6, 2011

Week 10--Sunday Morning--"The Next Generation"

Before beginning this week's make a difference task, let me take a moment to say that much did not occur last week with my task to "buy recycled."  I did shop last week, but what I had to purchase could not have been accomplished with buying recycled goods.  For example, undergarments--an absolute "No" buying recycled.  Makeup to reduce redness on the cheeks--again, no can do with recycled foundation.  Oh, and fruit--heck no...not a recycled item.  I did, however, turn down the lady at V.S. when she offered me a shiny paper bag to carry my unmentionables.  I told her I would use the free bag I had just earned.  It was only one shiny, stripey paper bag; but it's one less stored in my closet collecting dust.

This week's card displays two smiling adolescents.  The card reads, "The Next Generation."  "Whether you know it or not, you are teaching every day.  What would a young onlooker learn from your example?  Does your behavior reflect the values you would want to instill in kids today?  Through your actions, by volunteering, talking to kids, or reaching out in some other way, communicate the values and beliefs you would want the next generation to possess."

Oh Dear...let's look at this...essentially it comes down to behaving maturely and lovingly.  Honestly, I'm afraid my behavior the last few weeks has not always been what I would want "the next generation" to express.  Looks like I will need to be on my best behavior this week--and really mean it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment