Bienvenue!

Welcome to my blog about my journey through this book and it's challenges. It's a simple exercise, but it's good for me. I hope you enjoy the blips and slips and funny moments. You may even learn a thing or two too!



Sunday, March 27, 2011

Week 13--"Cause and Effect"--Sunday Evening

This week's card displayes a picture of a bird with a thermometer in its mouth and a cast on its left leg...odd.  The back of the "Cause and Effect" card reads:

"Rather than feeling powerless in the face of all the misery you see or read about in the paper, and instead of being annoyed by the solicitations for money you get in the mail, find a cause that really means something to you.  Call and find out how to volunteer and get involved.  Even if it's just for an hour a week or for a single special event, showing up and helping out in person can alleviate that paralyzing sense of powerlessness--you'll benefit and so will a cause you believe in."

At this very moment I have no idea what to do; where should I volunteer?  I think I need to do research...

No comments:

Post a Comment