Bienvenue!

Welcome to my blog about my journey through this book and it's challenges. It's a simple exercise, but it's good for me. I hope you enjoy the blips and slips and funny moments. You may even learn a thing or two too!



Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Week 12--Gentle Driving--Tuesday Evening

I must admit that this week's task is easy to forget but I did try my husband's technique for clarifying same-time stop sign arrival.  It worked well.  However, I almost checked a poor man this morning on the side of the road.  He wasn't walking against traffic--he was walking with it in the early morning wearing a gray shirt and somewhat emerged from the brush on the side of the road.  Luckily I saw him before making him my hood ornament.  Not what I would classify as gentle driving on my part.  This evening in an attempt to make up for the near accident, I did make an effort to slow down on my way home as I became aware that I was whizzing through the neighborhood in a hurry to get home for dinner.  Driving is to be on constant alert--you never know what's going to jump out at you from all sides!

On a completely separate note, I must share the picture below representative of the crazed Canada Goose that attacked a colleague and I outside yesterday.  It was one of the funniest things I have seen in a long time.  The goose swooped in off the lake flanking us; I darted left, my colleague right.  The goose went after him with full force--hissing and flapping those wings like he was falling from the sky.  My colleague lost his eyeglasses in the rose garden (and incurred a few cuts and scrapes) and had to later retrieve them with the help of another co-worker and a rake to fend off the territorial goose.  The image is forever emblazoned into my memory--I'm just glad I didn't lose an eye!

No comments:

Post a Comment