Bienvenue!

Welcome to my blog about my journey through this book and it's challenges. It's a simple exercise, but it's good for me. I hope you enjoy the blips and slips and funny moments. You may even learn a thing or two too!



Saturday, May 14, 2011

Week 19--Read & Respond--Saturday Morning

I believe I can count two actions for Read & Respond week:  First, I responded to a request from a friend and fellow teacher to speak Friday to her biology class about my career and educate them about Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome.  It was fun and they asked good questions.  Thanks Ms. O!  Secondly, I read another blog I follow and responded with a comment.  The blog is about a mystery series of novels based on historical content about Jane Austen's life.  I love the series and cannot wait for the newest novel to come out this fall! 

Stephanie Barron, the author of both the novels and blog, writes each month and provides excellent historical details and a behind-the-scenes look at the research she gathered to write her novels.  Her fifth novel in the series, Jane and the Stillroom Maid, offers a mystery set in Derbyshire and revolves around the "stillroom maid."  Apparently, Jane Austen's sister, Cassandra, was the stillroom maid for the Austen's.  What is a stillroom maid you may ask?  Read about it here:  Stephanie Barron--The Jane Austen Mystery Series

Other matters of note this week:  my garden's first iris burst forth into bloom (see photo below) and my whippet, Gable, enjoyed his footsicle (video below).  What is a footsicle?  It's like a popsicle but for dogs.  It's  a frozen chicken foot.  It was a humid day and we had just finished a walk.  What can I say?



No comments:

Post a Comment