Bienvenue!

Welcome to my blog about my journey through this book and it's challenges. It's a simple exercise, but it's good for me. I hope you enjoy the blips and slips and funny moments. You may even learn a thing or two too!



Monday, May 23, 2011

Week 21--"Know Your Limits"--Monday Morning

I must take a few lines to reflect; I did not pick up one piece of trash on a walk last week.  It wasn't because I did not walk--there was no trash to be collected!  The neighborhoods in which I walked were impeccably cleaned--a good thing.  But I did pick up some debris from my front yard--typical after the weekly trash pickup.  Oh the irony...

Sunday marked the beginning of Week 21--as expected, "I can't believe it's almost June" came out of my mouth last week, but here we are!  Week 21's task:

Know Your Limits.  "Know your limits, from knowing how much sleep you need, how much alcohol you can drink before feeling sick, how many projects you can handle at once, and how much downtime you need between events, to knowing how much change you are capable of making at any given time.  Don't push yourself beyond the comfort zone, or the sanity zone.  Keeping yourself in balance by knowing your limits is a big contribution toward keeping the world at large in balance.  Just think what might happen is everybody were as self-aware."

Whether good or bad or indifferent, I tend to go past my limits on a regular basis.  I know this, and yet I still do it.  My husband said to me yesterday, "don't feel bad for saying 'No' to people.  If you don't say it, you'll be helpful to no one."  He is right; he's said this a couple times in the last few weeks.  So I cancelled my attendance at a meeting last evening because I was exhausted from a busy weekend of intense yard work, amongst other things.  I felt bad for cancelling, but I must go on.  Goodness knows most people don't care about it as much as I do.

On a cheekier note, I do know how much alcohol I can imbibe before feeling awfully awful :)  I also need about 8 to 9 hours of sleep daily to function somewhat coherently.

No comments:

Post a Comment