Bienvenue!

Welcome to my blog about my journey through this book and it's challenges. It's a simple exercise, but it's good for me. I hope you enjoy the blips and slips and funny moments. You may even learn a thing or two too!



Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Week 19--Read & Respond--Tuesday Evening

Blek.  Today in one word; blek, blek, blek.  Argh! Ugh! Ahhhhhh!!!!

Not the best of days, but not the worst of days either...

It's always unnerving as a woman when more than two people in one day ask you if you feel okay because you look "tired" or in this particular case, I looked as I felt--in pain.  It was a bad pain day.  I have a chronic pain and joint instability condition called Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome. 

What does this have to do with this week's task?  After a long morning, and anticipating a longer afternoon awaiting a particular meeting, I walk to the printer and a colleague asks if I'm okay.  I say "Sorta. Not feeling too well today." She says, "Well, you look like you're in pain."  So I tell her, "Yes, I'm in pain, quite a bit today, more than normal.  By the way, I have a chronic pain condition, yadda, yadda, etc."  I promptly return to my office and send her the link to the national foundation for Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome.  It just so happens to be Awareness Month. 

So although I did not read and respond to an editor of a paper or journal, I responded to a colleague with a link to educate her about a condition I live with every moment of every day.  In the spirit of sharing, below is the link to the
Ehlers-Danlos National Foundation and a link explaining the condition I have.  Thankfully, I have the least life-threatening of the six subtypes of EDS. 


Ehlers-Danlos National Foundation

EDS--Hypermobile Type Definition

No comments:

Post a Comment