Bienvenue!

Welcome to my blog about my journey through this book and it's challenges. It's a simple exercise, but it's good for me. I hope you enjoy the blips and slips and funny moments. You may even learn a thing or two too!



Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Week 19--Read & Respond--Wednesday Evening

Does reading a novel and responding to facebook posts count towards this week's task?  Probably not.  What about reading and responding to tens of e-mail messages throughout the day at the office?  No, I don't think so.  I'm still at a loss for something I could purposely set out to research, read and reply to.  Any ideas?

Today's morning began with trying to move a very large snapping turtle out of the yard so the dogs didn't get their snouts bit off.  It was in the middle of the road this morning, and so a kind neighbor assisted me in moving it back towards the lake.  The turtle had other plans.  It stubbornly turned towards the road and seemed determined to cross. 

I must admit, in all my years, I did not realize a turtle stood up to walk across the road.  I always pictured it moving low to the ground, like a "low-rider" pimp mobile.  I felt like I was watching some prehistoric kimodo-dragon like thing as the turtle stretched out its legs, hiked up its backside and up and walked across the road, intent to find the stream in which to lay its eggs.  Apparently, as my next-door neighbor informed me, it's been living in our lake for years. Ha! 

Here she is, first fighting not to go back to the lake, then turning around and doing her thing.

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment