Bienvenue!

Welcome to my blog about my journey through this book and it's challenges. It's a simple exercise, but it's good for me. I hope you enjoy the blips and slips and funny moments. You may even learn a thing or two too!



Friday, July 1, 2011

Week 26--Share Humor--Friday Night

I'm sorry to say I didn't have much humor to share from the last two days, though the beginning of the week was full of funny moments.  Since I have no humorous stories to share, I'll share an observation.

Why, when most human beings are in a hurry, do people at the grocery store, (leaving the store) have to walk slowly back to their cars and take the longest route possible?  I don't get it.  If you walk out at a 90 degree angle from the door entrance, across the main thoroughfare to the lot, it's quick and efficient--and--you're less likely to be road kill or someone's winning points in the game of hit and run. 

Why, oh why, then, do most of the people (at least the ones at our nearest Kroger) lolligag around and take their sweet time to make a line as oblique as possible and take as long as possible to walk back to their cars?  Yes, the shortest distance between two points is a straight line.  However, if you walk most of that line in the middle of the road, it's not safe.  Doesn't the possibility of being hit by oncoming traffic bother them?  Apparently not. They might as well be this guy...

Photo courtesy of a fellow blogger: Nuggets of Gold

No comments:

Post a Comment