Bienvenue!

Welcome to my blog about my journey through this book and it's challenges. It's a simple exercise, but it's good for me. I hope you enjoy the blips and slips and funny moments. You may even learn a thing or two too!



Sunday, July 10, 2011

Week 28--"Reuse as a State of Mind"--Sunday Afternoon

Reuse as a State of Mind:  "Pretend that nothing you use can be thrown away.  What are all the alternative uses you can think of for what you formerly, casually considered 'garbage'?  All plastic containers can be reused; plastic bags can be washed and reused; wide-neck jars can be used to store food; wrapping paper can be reused.  And what things can you set aside to be used for kids' projects? (Even if you don't have kids, preschools might need 400 yogurt containers).  Get used to reuse.

Honestly, I think I do this pretty well; spending my childhood with seven siblings in a small house and learning to be "creative" with resources has prepared me to reuse and find new uses for many things.  However, I'm sure I can do better.  To start this week off, I will reuse my morning coffee cup.  A good friend of mine owns an espresso machine and has her own supply of paper coffee cups.  When I visit her, she gives me an espresso "for the road."  The cups are sturdy and I hate to throw them away.  So, I will keep this one clean after each use and reuse for the morning drive.  Let's see if it can withstand two-three morning cups of "Hot Joe" for a week...

1 comment: