Bienvenue!

Welcome to my blog about my journey through this book and it's challenges. It's a simple exercise, but it's good for me. I hope you enjoy the blips and slips and funny moments. You may even learn a thing or two too!



Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Week 30--Wednesday Afternoon--"De-Stress"

How did I "de-stress" yesterday after work?  I hand washed my car in the drive way just like we did when I was a kid.  I don't like to pay for car washes, I think it's a waste of money if you make the time and spend the energy to wash it yourself.  Besides, as my mother would say, "Washing your car yourself makes you appreciate it more." 

It's been blazing hot here in Indiana this summer, and so it was rather refreshing to just take some time, no hurry or appointments or music in my ears...just washing the car.  I even used an old rag and wonderfully fresh smelling Orange-Glo cleaner.  The dogs milled around me, then decided it was too hot and went into the garage.  They even decided to take a drink from the leaky hose nozzle! I do admit, however, that waxing the car is an entirely different story; it requires patience...and a lot of elbox grease.

Today during my lunch break I decided to take a short walk...and boy was it short!  A dress shirt in the middle of summer outside is like being wrapped in a hot blanket.  Tonight's plan to relax and de-stress:  pedicure (myself, of course ;) and Bud Light.

No comments:

Post a Comment