Bienvenue!

Welcome to my blog about my journey through this book and it's challenges. It's a simple exercise, but it's good for me. I hope you enjoy the blips and slips and funny moments. You may even learn a thing or two too!



Monday, July 18, 2011

Week 29--Speak Up!--Monday Late Night

Time to speak up; that's what I'm supposed to do this week, isn't it?  By the way, I like what Oswald Chambers said about justice: "Never look for justice, but never cease to give it."  So while I am challenged to speak up! about injustices this week, or speak up and speak my mind, I won't be disappointed if I don't see justice or experience it throughout my day. 

I finished reading a book this morning (Jesus Did It Anyway by Dr. Kent Keith) and the title of the final chapter was...drum roll please... Making A Difference.  How apropos.  I'd like to share some of the selections from this chapter that made a difference to me:

"We have all that we need (to be deeply happy)--the resources, the teachings, the gift of grace, and daily encouragement.  It is up to us to take these gifts and live our faith.  It is up to us to do something."

"God has given us each many gifts.  We are on this planet to use our gifts."

"How do you serve others?  How do you make a difference?  Here are five ideas to keep in mind."

1.  Be the real you.  You have to be the authentic you. 
2.  Don't worry about making a difference in terms of power, wealth and fame. 
3.  The difference you are called to make may be right in front of you.  If you see a need, right in front of you, take action.  Do what you can.
4.  You may make a difference that you did not plan to make.  God may take you by surprise.
5.  Remember that little things make a difference.  You can change another person's life by doing something that is simple and loving.  The impact can be amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment