Bienvenue!

Welcome to my blog about my journey through this book and it's challenges. It's a simple exercise, but it's good for me. I hope you enjoy the blips and slips and funny moments. You may even learn a thing or two too!



Sunday, July 17, 2011

Week 29--Speak Up!--Sunday Afternoon

"Speak Up!":  Next time you witness an injustice to someone, read something that infuriates you, or experience something that pisses you off, speak up.  Express yourself through direct verbal confrontation (of the Ghandhian nonviolent genre, of course), or write a letter directly to the source.  How will the other part ever know what they did if you don't communicate?  And where were you planning to redirect that pent-up anger, anyway?"

Yes readers, that's right...the phrase, "that pisses you off" are the author's words.  Make me feel a bit more normal that a woman who wrote a book about making a difference used this phrase.  The challenge for me this week is not to speak up, but to do so in a Ghandhian manner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment