Bienvenue!

Welcome to my blog about my journey through this book and it's challenges. It's a simple exercise, but it's good for me. I hope you enjoy the blips and slips and funny moments. You may even learn a thing or two too!



Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Week 29--Speak Up!--Wednesday Evening

Just have to devote a line to my 100th post!

Speaking up at work can be difficult, requiring tactical maneuvers and timing.  Speaking up with family can only be accomplished through prayer...before, during and after gatherings.  Don't get me wrong, I love my family and its members dearly; however, the best aspects about having a large family can also be the most difficult aspects of being part of a large family. 

It's important, as I've tried to move to the forefront of my consciousness this week, to be assertive and say what you have to say, honestly and frankly...or  concede to the consequence of silent suffering.  A friend said to me today, "Create your own opportunities or wait for one to open up; those are your choices."

Say what you need to say, when you need to say it.


No comments:

Post a Comment