Bienvenue!

Welcome to my blog about my journey through this book and it's challenges. It's a simple exercise, but it's good for me. I hope you enjoy the blips and slips and funny moments. You may even learn a thing or two too!



Friday, January 7, 2011

Week 1--Friday

Speechless--that's what I left my sister when I asked her if I could pick up anything for her while I was at WalMart this evening.  My sis and I have plans to start our workouts to prepare for a 5 mile run/walk/hike event we are doing this spring; since I was going to her place in the morning, why not take her what she needed, right?  Isn't that the first of my "Make a Difference" goals? 

I called her, chatted about bridesmaids dresses (I'm also the maid of honor in her wedding this coming Spring) and then asked, "Need me to pick up anything at WalMart while I'm out?"  I could hear her breathe in, think, stutter, and then say, "What?  What do you mean?"  I told her I just figured I'd extend the offer since I had some weekly shopping.  She was thankful, to say the least, shocked is more like it (which actually makes me feel sorta sheepish and worried a bit) and said she needed Aussie hair conditioner.

Mission accomplished--and what did I learn?  I learned that it may seems simple and easy to ask if someone needs help with an errand, but in Indiana winters, it's more challenging than it seems, especially when you don't see your neighbors until April, you've worked overtime most of the stressful week, and typically run errands on a set schedule.  I'm still trying to figure out if my sister was more shocked that I asked her, or if it's something she's not used to in general. She did have a tough week--perhaps I lifted her spirits...that's what I'm going with at least :) TGIF...

No comments:

Post a Comment