Bienvenue!

Welcome to my blog about my journey through this book and it's challenges. It's a simple exercise, but it's good for me. I hope you enjoy the blips and slips and funny moments. You may even learn a thing or two too!



Monday, January 24, 2011

Week 4--Monday--"Be Patient"

Week four's card reads, "Be Patient"  Ahhhhhhhh!  So far this January, I have had to combine errands, be a better listener, and strive to cease self-depreciating--all in the coldest, most depressing days of winter!  For most who know me well, patience is a virtue I strive to improve; however, I move quickly.  I think of my speed in task completion as a sense of urgency, in a good way.  But I know everyone is not wired that way; I'm sure that "stopping to smell the roses" will lengthen my life as well.

The card reads, "All right, so other people are rarely as smart, quick, and perfect as you always are, but you have to share the planet with them anyway.  Don't you just hate that?  So learn to be patient.  You'll live longer.  And if you find you are being particularly critical of the too-slow sales help, check in with your inner critic--maybe you are this hard on yourself as well.  Perhaps you need to show a little more compassion for others and for yourself." 

I think I may need to drink decaf this week...excessive speed may result in "collisions."

No comments:

Post a Comment