Bienvenue!

Welcome to my blog about my journey through this book and it's challenges. It's a simple exercise, but it's good for me. I hope you enjoy the blips and slips and funny moments. You may even learn a thing or two too!



Saturday, January 15, 2011

Week 2--Saturday Morning

The cursor is flashing at me, so perhaps I should just start writing...what I have learned this week is that listening is something to which we have to work at consistently and refine constantly.  While the end of my week did not change for the positive exponentially, I would rate myself a 3 instead of a 2.5 by Friday afternoon. 

I gained some insight about acquaintances I have known for years...and in turn, hopefully enabled them to feel validated by the exchange. My final thought:  listening is something I can only do well by sacrificing my desire to be heard--which means need to keep my eyes focused on the Lord--the ultimate Listener.

No comments:

Post a Comment