Bienvenue!

Welcome to my blog about my journey through this book and it's challenges. It's a simple exercise, but it's good for me. I hope you enjoy the blips and slips and funny moments. You may even learn a thing or two too!



Monday, January 10, 2011

Week 2--Monday

Dear Lord,

Sometimes I don't want to have two ears to hear, unless it's the beautiful sound of a babbling brook, birds in the sky, or the laughter of little children.  Amen.

Busy day...I had to remind myself not to just offer a solution but to listen first and then ask--yes, that's right--I asked if they wanted me to just listen.  I had mixed results with this approach.  Is it possible to listen too much?  I'm just kidding...I certainly know I want to be heard and not offered a solution at times.

On a scale of 1 to 5, 1 being poor listener, 5 being excellent listener...today--probably a 2.5...room for improvement!

No comments:

Post a Comment