Bienvenue!

Welcome to my blog about my journey through this book and it's challenges. It's a simple exercise, but it's good for me. I hope you enjoy the blips and slips and funny moments. You may even learn a thing or two too!



Sunday, January 30, 2011

Week 5--Sunday--"I'm Sorry." 1/30/11

Keeping with January 201's apparent theme of inward-examination in pursuit of personal growth, my husband's pick of cards this week reads:  "I'm Sorry."  Week five's mission:  "Learn to say I'm sorry.  Learn to mean it.  Learn when to say it, and use it.  These two works can prevent fights, save relationships, and avoid lawsuits. (Not bad for two simple words.)

Avoid lawsuits?  Hmmmm...not so sure about that one.  I like that the card emphasizes when to say and use an, "I'm sorry."  Nothing worse than someone apologizing without a contrite heart; it's as easy to spot a fake apology as it is to spot a toupee. 

My hubby picked out the card this afternoon around 1pm; I already has an honest apology for him by 3pm based upon something he mentioned I did that hurt his feelings years ago--and he deserved an apology.  It was the right time and place to offer the olive branch.  If you're truly sorry, there's no time like the present to say it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment