Bienvenue!

Welcome to my blog about my journey through this book and it's challenges. It's a simple exercise, but it's good for me. I hope you enjoy the blips and slips and funny moments. You may even learn a thing or two too!



Thursday, January 27, 2011

Week 4--Thursday Morning 1/27/11

"Patience is a virtue." Why do people say that?  I've learned that if I pray for patience, inevitably God will hit me right and left with tests to build patience.  I will say that for Tuesday and Wednesday I did OK in the department of patience mindfulness.  In involved a lot of listening--without interjecting my own opinion. 

I did, though, at the end of the day, roll quickly down the slope of virtuous patience as I watched my husband try to open a bottle of wine.  I wasn't patient; I was annoyed--and it wasn't his fault.  He doesn't drink and is not used to opening a bottle of vino with an archaic tool.  I could feel (and evidently he could as well) the fuse shortening as he turned the screw without top-down pressure.  What resulted was a lot of little cork pieces falling on the counter top, but no movement of the actual cork. 

I should have walked away and let him figure it out while I took a bath.  But I didn't; strike one for me.  It was the end of a long day with a rough migraine...I apologized to my hubby who bore my short fuse rather well.  Lesson learned?  Inability to be patient can and will affect family--most often negatively--and result in a well-deserved apology.  Remedy?  When you feel that fuse lighting, remove yourself and take five :

No comments:

Post a Comment